Automount (OS X)
# nidump fstab . > /etc/fstab
- Column One: Remote mount point
- Column Two: Local access point -- a symbolic link to the actual local mount point
- /private/var/automount contains the real mount point
- /Network/Servers is recommended for the link location as the links will be visible in Network:Servers in the Finder.
- Column Three: Protocol for file system: afp, hfs, nfs, smbfs, etc.
- Column Four: options - the net option flags that it is not a static file system
# niload -m fstab . < /etc/fstab
# nidump hosts / 127.0.0.1 localhost 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost #
Create a /etc/hosts file with the names of the systems you want added and update the database.
niload hosts . < /etc/hosts
This will not remove existing items. It will only add / update the items listed in the /etc/hosts file.
To Activate Changes
To make the services reread the database, you need to kill -HUP the daemon.
sudo killall -HUP launchd